Sunday, January 3, 2010

Organized Crime in Las Vegas Nevada - "Which is worse Italian Mafia or Corporate America?"


Organized Crime in Las Vegas Nevada - "Which is worse Italian Mafia or Corporate America?"

Now before I go into this post any further I would like to let everyone know that I do (not) like crime in any form, and this post is only about the changes that have taken place in Las Vegas Nevada!

Back in the 50s, 60s and 70s the Italian Mafia ran a huge part of Las Vegas Nevada and still have some connections even today. And one of these Mafia Kingpins was "Bugsy" and I posted about Bugsy some time ago and here is the link below ............

Italian Mafia Kingpin of Las Vegas Nevada -

Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel

photograph by Robert Swetz - Las Vegas - Nevada

Now after the opening of MGM City Center and some of the other newer hotels people can really see where Corporate America is starting to change Las Vegas Nevada.

Now do you think this change is good?

I have spoken to many, many locals that have lived here all their lives and they mentioned to me that years ago when the Mafia had more control over Las Vegas it was a better and safer city to live in. I know Las Vegas has really grown but so has the (police force). Back when the Mafia ran Las Vegas, when you either owed money or harmed their families in any way they would either beat you or (Whack You).

Now days when some one owes money or harms someone elses family the authorities slap your hands and tell you don't do that again or either draw it out in courts with attorney's, judges, etc.

Now don't get me wrong I don't believe in (Murder) but I believe that if the United States has laws and the punishment is to lenient then people will continue to abuse the system and get away with these crimes.

What is your opinion on this issue?

I believe there are way to many laws in this country and the only ones getting rich are the Attorney's and everything connected to them.

photograph by Robert Swetz - City Center - Las Vegas - Nevada

Photographs and Story by Robert Swetz (Vegas Bob) 12-20-2009 (MGM City Center)

www.VegasBuildingsForSale.com

www.SearchMyPics.com

No comments: