Saturday, January 2, 2010

You wouldn't want to sell this guy's home!

You wouldn't want to sell this guy's home!

A friend of mine called me several times over the week and I was to busy to answer his phone call, he did leave a message and his message was that he wanted to purchase a home and to call him right away.

I have known this person for around 30 years now and he use to work for one of my fathers companies back in the Midwest.

I called him yesterday and this is what he told me .............

He said he wants to purchase a home in Las Vegas Nevada and wants to pay (Cash) for it, and he was talking very fast and wouldn't let me get a word in.

Then he told me that home owners are having problems selling their homes and they have been on the market for years, and he wasn't going to pay a Real Estate Agent any commission for helping him find a home. He told me the most he would pay a agent to help him would be around $1,000 dollars.

I finally was able to get some words into the conversation and mentioned to him that when he purchases a home he doesn't pay any commission, the home owner does. He said well good because Real Estate Agents don't do enough work to be payed anymore than $1,000 dollars, where did my friend come up with this figure?

And "Thank God" he didn't call me to sell his home, I would have to tell him ..........

"No Thank You"

Story by Robert Swetz (Vegas Bob) - 12-31-2009

No comments: